I went to the 2008 Crunchies Ceremony, sponsored by TechCrunch last Friday in San Francisco. It was the second year for the awards and was packed with over 900 attendees. It turned out to be a good night for Windows Live as Windows Live Mesh won the “Best Technology Innovation/Achievment” and Ray Ozzie was there to accept the award. Here’s a link to some pictures from the event.
See my post back in April 2008 to learn more about Mesh with some good resource links.
Here is some of the press buzz:
- · CNET: “Microsoft’s Live Mesh Top Innovation at the Crunchies.”
- · CNET: “Winners and Losers from the Crunchies Awards.”
- · GigaOm: “Thank You for Making the Night of Crunchies Fun.”
- · TechCrunch: “Why We Put on the Crunchies.”
- · TechCrunch: “Congratulations to the Crunchies Winners.”
- · VentureBeat: “Winners of the 2008 Crunchies.”
- · ZDNet: “The Crunchies 2009”