You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘BizSpark’ tag.
What is the Windows Azure™ Services Platform? It is an Internet-scale cloud services platform hosted in Microsoft data centers, which provides an operating system and a set of developer services that can be used individually or together. It reduces the need for up-front technology purchases, and it enables developers to quickly and easily create applications that will run in the cloud using their existing dev skills.
Now that you know what it is, we want to give you resources to try out the cloud!
- Get a Windows Azure account – http://bit.ly/azureaccountsignup
- What is Azure” 4 min video – http://bit.ly/WhatisAzurePlatform-C9
- Windows Azure Training kit- http://bit.ly/AzureTrainingKit
- How to Deploy Azure App video- http://bit.ly/DeployAzureApps
- Interoperability SDKs – http://www.interoperabilitybridges.com/default.aspx
- Sample projects to review – http://codeplex.com, search “azure”
- Code samples & snippets – http://code.msdn.com, search azure
- Start-ups – http://microsoft.com/bizspark
- The vibrant online community – http://channel9.msdn.com/azure
- Azure user groups – http://www.azureusergroup.com
Now that you have all the resources, you can create cloud computing projects and upload them to the Microsoft Pinpoint marketplace.
Yesterday, marked 6 months since the launch of this fantastic program and with it came a great achievement – 12,000 startups!
Microsoft BizSpark is a great DEAL! It is a program designed to help accelerate the success of early stage startups by providing key resources – software, support, and visibility.
All you need to know to qualify (if you are a startup):
- Privately held software development startups in business for less than 3 years that are generating annual revenue under USD $1 million can join.
- Go to http://www.microsoft.com/bizspark/ and enroll if you think you qualify.
- Enrollment is free, however, at exit of the program, you just pay a USD $100 program offering fee.
Learn more here.
new CloudApp(), a US based developer challenge, was launched today. Its focus is to promote applications running on the Azure Services Platform. This contest will have three categories of winners for applications running on the Azure Services Platform:
- best .NET application,
- top PHP application, and,
- community winner
The winning submissions will:
- Be featured on www.azure.com as well as at major Microsoft events
- Be featured in a video interview on Channel 9 with the application author
- Winners will be announced at Structure 09
- Receive cash ($):
- .NET Applications Category winner: $5,000 Visa gift card
- PHP Applications Category winner: $5,000 Visa gift card
- Community winner: $2,500 Visa gift card
How do I get started?
For more information see newCloudApp().com.
Starting a company to build software and/or web services, requires innovation, technology, business services, risk management, in addition to a lot of coffee and hours! BizSpark, lowers some of the friction and costs associated with building an early stage company.
Microsoft® BizSpark™ is an innovative new global program, uniting startups with entrepreneurial and technology resources, designed to help accelerate the success of early stage startups by providing key resources in their early innovation stage:
- Software. Receive access to current full-featured Microsoft development tools, platform technologies, and production licenses of server products for immediate use in developing and bringing to market innovative and interoperable solutions. There is no upfront cost to enroll.
- Support. Get connected to Network Partners around the world — incubators, investors, advisors, government agencies and hosters — that are equally involved and vested in software-fueled innovation and entrepreneurship who will provide a wide range of support resources.
- Visibility. Achieve global visibility to an audience of potential investors, clients and partners.
- To qualify – privately held software development startups in business for less than 3 years and generating annual revenue under USD $1 million can join.
- Connect with a BizSpark Network Partner or a Microsoft BizSpark Champ to get your BizSpark enrollment code.
- Enrollment is free, just pay a USD $100 program offering fee at program exit.
Find out more at the StartupZone!
Follow on BizSpark on Twitter!!
Microsoft recently announced Microsoft® BizSpark™. Its a global program designed to help startups by providing key resources when they need it the most; Software (no upfront cost), Support, and Visibility. You can learn more about this exciting program at the Microsoft Startup Zone here.
Tomorrow night (Tuesday, Dec. 16th), I will be attending an Ignition Event in San Francisco at The Carnelian Room at 7pm.
Look forward to seeing some of you there!